Friday, March 28, 2008

Election Update


Land of Yajeev readers voted en masse to give a free wedding to friends of the blog, Regan and Steve.

Thanks to all who rocked the vote--I've just learned that Regan and Steve have won the free (televised) marriage from the Youngstown NBC affiliate.

If there's one thing I've learned from my years of living on the streets of Liberty Township, Grove City, Indianapolis, and Cranberry Township, it is this: Free is Good. Whether it's a t-shirt at the race track, cappuccino for two at Sheetz, the grace of God, a foul ball at an Indians game, or even a wedding, gratis is great. There's just nothing better than getting stuff you didn't pay for or steal.

Now that the winner has been decided, check the WFMJ website weekly to vote for additional wedding details: bridal gown, tux, honeymoon, menu, wedding cake, flowers... at least one friend is determined to vote for the ugly stuff, so do your part to help Regan and Steve by voting each week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like stuff I have stolen. I don't steal that often, so that keeps it special. You probably steal too much.

yajeev said...

andy... i'd enjoy stealing a lot more it weren't for this gosh darn conscience of mine. i once stole a garbage pail kid trading card from a kid's backpack in the second grade. i haven't felt right since.

Anonymous said...

i remember the foul ball....that was a glorious day! haha :-) thanks for giving my parents their favorite yajeev quote ever...'free is good!'

yajeev said...

sara...
a glorious day indeed. my first (and so far) only foul ball at a professional baseball game. hit by nomar garciapara, if i recall. i paid it forward, by giving it to my then girlfriend, who repaid the favor by marrying me.