Saturday, July 14, 2007

Spies like them

I'm reporting to you live from, as one might have guessed from previous entries, the yeast genetics and molecular biology conference, where scientists from around the world have gathered to share their latest and greatest findings with the rest of the 'yeast community'.

I'm sitting at dinner last night with my research advisor discussing our top secret research strategy for the months to come. It is secret because there are other research groups trying to answer the same questions. And, of course, you only get credit when you're first.

So it turns out that at our dinner table is a spy. Yes, a spy. From our competitor lab. He's heard our best laid plans. Only after half an hour of listening in did he tell us who he worked for.

Spy, if you're reading this, and I know you are, because you will stop at nothing to sabotage, this game is on. A great race has begun. A race bigger than the space race and with more far-reaching implications than the arms race.

I feel so violated.

By the way, the conference-ending dance is just 2 days away. I can't wait.


Originally Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2006
(Then) Curent Mood: suspicious
http://blog.myspace.com/yajeev

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the movie based on this blog.


Originally Posted by Russ on Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 7:09 PM