Saturday, July 14, 2007

Paternity

I knew that Youngstown was suffering a population (loss) crisis of sorts, but I never expected the city to go to such unusual lengths to remedy the problem.

Yesterday, we drove to Youngstown, and, as we crossed the city limits, we were confronted with a billboard bearing the following public service message and implicit instructions:

"Every girl needs a leading man. Have you been a father today?"

I had to admit I hadn't done my part. Then again, I don't live in Youngstown anymore.




Originally Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2007
(Then) Curent Mood: exanimate
http://blog.myspace.com/yajeev

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice mood--perfect for the Y. Maybe you'll get your chance to be more family friendly in a Rust Belt town sometime real soon. I guess states find different ways to be family friendly: the South is known for its low limits, and I guess the Middle West wants to become known for its billboards. To each his own, but family first. Battle cry of '08?

Posted by Russ on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 7:39 AM

Anonymous said...

That seems like an illegitimate question to me.

Posted by DoF on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 8:28 AM

Anonymous said...

la.

Posted by Russ on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 6:06 PM