Saturday, July 14, 2007

Scared silly

Last night, I went all by myself to see the horror/thriller 1408.

I was the only non-couple in the theater and was excited to be on the edge of my seat.

The gentleman behind me to the left did a fine job of eliminating the horror aspect of the film by giving the play-by-play commentary of the movie, announcing to his significant other what was happening on-screen as it occurred.

He successfully and continuously reminded me that this was just a movie and actors with his booming outside-voice:

"Look--John Cusack can't hear anything!"

"Someone is behind him."

"Something's gonna jump up at him. I know it."

"Oh no. The telephone doesn't work."

"I think he's just dreaming this."

"That's not really his daughter."

"That guy's scary-looking."

"There's blood on the walls."

"He's gonna jump!"

"It's not over."

"Now, it's over."

"Roll credits."

"What a scary movie."

I can only imagine this guy narrating the rest of his everyday life... driving, working, shopping, eating, loving... Not much is left to the imagination. No one ever need wonder what he's thinking.



Originally Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2007
(Then) Curent Mood: horrified
(Then) Currently Listing: Various Positions By Leonard Cohen (Release date: 07 February, 1995)
http://blog.myspace.com/yajeev

No comments: