Saturday, July 14, 2007

...speaking of inappropriate...

After featuring the brilliant comment of the boss in my last entry ("you're just like my wife... but in a good way"), I have found a way to insert my very own hoof into my very own oral cavity.

Rhonda, a co-worker, is suffering from an antibiotic-resistant bacterial infection in her leg and is on bedrest at home for the week.

When she called the lab to give us a health status update, I asked to be put on the line so that I could deliver the following comic (or so I had thought) observation:

"Rhonda, have you seen A Christmas Story? Good. You know that leg lamp that the dad loves? Yeah, the one in the window. If you should happen to lose your leg in this whole ordeal, you should use it to assemble one of those leg lamps. They're really hard to find and go for like 200 bucks on EBay. You could really cash in on this thing."

The other co-workers in lab stood in stunned silence and later berated me for making light of the situation. "How could you?" one asked, shaking his head. "This is very serious."

Open mouth, insert infected foot.



Originally Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2007
(Then) Curent Mood: apologetic
http://blog.myspace.com/yajeev

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lu

Posted by Russ on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Anonymous said...

How did Rhonda react?

Posted by DoF on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 10:19 AM

yajeev said...

Better than she did to her first round of antibiotics.

Fortunately, though, her leg is still attached; the bacteria have lost their war of terror.

Posted by VJ on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 10:44 AM